Vim has been my main development tool for Perl… Until now! A co-worker suggested that I try Eclipse, which is an IDE mainly geared towards Java coding. I am still learning the ropes, but I feel that it is worth a try if you are doing any object oriented coding with Perl.
Besides installing the Eclipse IDE, I suggest the following plug-ins:
– Subclipse (supports Subversion) http://subclipse.tigris.org/
– EPIC (enhances Perl support within Eclipse) http://e-p-i-c.sourceforge.net/
– VIM Plugin (adds VIM support!) http://vimplugin.sourceforge.net/
– QuantumDB (lots of database stuff) http://quantum.sourceforge.net/
– MySQL Connector http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/5.1.html